Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ok I lied.

Alright, I DID say that I would update in a “day or two”. I was sloppy and put it off to the point that I didn’t feel like doing it anymore. But now that I have a sliver of time (ok, more like a chunk on a Friday night), it is time for me to start finishing what I intended with this blog. Personally I feel that summer was a long time ago now (I know, it wouldn’t have been if I had updated like I was supposed to) and almost irrelevant to what is happening now. But I know that there are a good number of people out there who are interested in what I did this summer, so I will write and do what I promised.

My adventure started May 5th In the Year of Our Lord, 2007. That was the day that school got out and summer started. I was able to get a ride with a really nice girl and her friend-who-is-a-boy down to the Tampa-ish area of Florida, where my aunt Rachael picked me up and took me to her house. I stayed there for the rest of May with her family there in Florida helping in my uncle's church and my aunt with her business [www.thecouponclippers.com] until I flew to Alaska the 5th of June (They say when you marry in June . . .). That was a relatively uneventful trip. I had a short layover in Salt Lake City (I was born there, not that I remember anything of the place but it was pretty cool) and had lunch:

After Salt Lake, my plane flew us to Anchorage, AK, where I spent the night. Anchorage Airport (I forget the real name, is one of the neatest airports I have been in, very Alaska If that makes any sense.

June 6th Anno Domini 2007,

I flew off to Kenai (That is in the a little south and a little more west of Anchorage)

The white line is about 65 miles.

And there I was picked up with the family that I stayed with. They were (I am sure that they still are) some of the nicest people that I have ever met. I stayed there for a few days before I went down with one of the family members who would be fishing with me on the boat. His name is Jed.

And that would be the first part of my trip. I should get the next part up in a few days. But to all of the readers of this blog, thanks for everything! *thumbsup*

~Jeremiah Petersen

No comments: